It is said that half the fun is getting there. So let’s get to the Komodo Islands in traditional style aboard an all teak 132′ Pinisi sailing vessel, the Aurora! Traditional style with all the modern conveniences that is; 8 spacious cabins each with private bathrooms and air conditioning.
July 16 – July 25, 2023 with Peter
Price: $3420 per person*
$1,000 non-refundable deposit holds your spot.
*Additional charges include: $12 per day for Nitrox, $10 per day for 100 cu ft tanks, $20 per day park and departure fees – All fees payable on board in cash or with credit card (with an additional surcharge)
Note: Please state your room preference (King, Twin, or King and Twin) and roommate upon signing up.
- 9 days of diving
- shore trips
- hike to see the Komodo dragons
- all meals
- transfers to and from the airport
The trip price does NOT include airfare. You must select your cabin when signing up. Ask for details when you pay your deposit.
Discover one of the most species diverse locations in Indonesia, reputed for the Komodo dragon, the largest lizard species on earth. The island also forms part of the Komodo National Park and is only one of seven locations in the world with pink sand beaches (white sand mixed with red foraminifera). Dive Komodo’s world famous site Manta Alley where you can spot up to a dozen oceanic manta rays swirling through a feeding station. The Cauldron, also known as Shotgun, is a swift drift that will send you on a ride to remember. The night dives in Komodo are one of the highlights with colorful nudibranchs, crustaceans, eels, frogfish and octopus.
- Number of dives: 28 – 32 dives including night dives
- Highlights: Manta rays, ocean sunfish, pygmy seahorses, ornate ghost pipefish, eagles rays and dolphins
- Reefs: 260 reef-building corals; 70 sponges and 1,000 fish, wall dives, pinnacles, sea mounts, shallow reefs and deep swim-throughs, tidal changes currents originate from deeper, cooler water holding large amounts of nutrients and planktonic organisms that fertilize reefs
- Shore excursions: Komodo dragons in Komodo National Park, pink sand beaches
- Skill level: Advanced open water, mostly drift diving due to currents, recommended at least 50 dives experience
- Water temperature: 79 – 85F
Fly into Denpasar, Bali then take a one hour flight to Labuan Bajo* (LBJ), Flores. The crew of the Aurora will pick us up at the airport for immediate boarding and departure to our first dive site, the small island of Sebayur. Let the adventure begin!
Please review Our Travel Policies for more information and contact us if you have any questions!
We are so glad you’re interested in traveling with us! Please review our terms and conditions to learn more about traveling with us, how to travel as a diver, and other important information!
The Trip Agreement covers all the safety and logistic basics of going on a Scuba Trip with us!
Once you have been signed up for a trip, please fill this out so we may provide your trip leaders with your important information!